Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I handed my keys over to my wife for the first time since I bought my GTO. We piled the kids into the back seat, I got into the passenger seat and away we went.

She had a ball. She seemed a little nervous and tentative at first, but then she gave 'er some gas and got into it. The boys (seven and three) thought it was great watching Mommy drive a manual, although the seven-year-old had to be a critic: "How come the car jerks so much when Mommy drives?"

In fairness, it's been ages since my wife drove a manual. It was the summer of 2000, in fact, when I came home with my '01 Corvette. But when I met her 21 years ago she was driving a manual Nissan Sentra, and her first car after we got married was a metallic black Honda CRX Si. To tell the truth, I was impressed with her shifting skills yesterday. Nary a stall or missed shift.

So that's the good news. The bad? I think she may have acquired a taste for the grunt of that six-liter engine!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I try not to think about what my wife is truly doing with hers, I know when we're together I can fully appreciate the accuracy of the 14.3 MPG reading coming from her dash. Can you say leadfoot?

·
Registered
233 Posts
My wife loves to drive mine. She can't seem to keep her foot out of it.Iam trying to convince her, to take down the quarter.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
logigamer said:
First Drive with KiDs onboard.... that's like a Suicide!
:cool
I've had the boys and my wife in the car before, but it was always ME behind the wheel. My boys love the car and know to be careful around it. They're even careful getting in and out so they don't scuff the paint on the sills.

I have to say, it's pretty cool extending the GTO experience to the rest of the family when I can. I came home last night having had a positively wonderful commute home--green lights, snickety-snick upshifts, chirping tires, the works--but I was by myself! When the rest of the family is in the car, the boys are laughing and my wife's scolding me. It's great!

·
Registered
316 Posts
GM Kid said:
When the rest of the family is in the car, the boys are laughing and my wife's scolding me. It's great!
HA HA, I know how you feel my wife and daughter are the same way. Fortunetly my wife is only 20 and untill she met me she never even sat in a manuel let alone drive one. She does'nt need 400HP, hell she has a hard enough time with the 190hp in my S-10 ZR2, but she sure does love rideing in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.