Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

Need to put some new tires on my 04. Looking at the Goodyear Ealge F1 GS D3. I have been doing some reading, and it looks like a lot of guys are putting 275/40/17s on the back. Will these fit up front at all, or will there be clearence issues? Anybody running this set up? Will just be using the stock rims.

Why a 3600lbs car was equipped with 245 M+S tires as the biggest tire available from the factory is a mystery to me, but whatever. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
304 Posts
GTODEALER said:
275/40ZR17's will barely fit the rears, I don't think they are going to fit the fronts.
There is so little wheel well room on these cars that I just stick with the stock tire sizes. I'm looking at tires again now. Had the G3D3's on for about 8K miles but when I rotated them front to rear I couldn't get the fronts to balance out again. Sent 'em back to Tire Rack for Dunlop Super Maxx and they were so out of round I sent them back too. Now I have Michelin PS2's and three out of four are out of round. Think I'm going with either the Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals or maybe the Yokohama db's. I tell 'ya, I've never had so many problems with tires in my life. Quality control must be out to lunch at these places.

JET

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
J.E.T. said:
There is so little wheel well room on these cars that I just stick with the stock tire sizes. I'm looking at tires again now. Had the G3D3's on for about 8K miles but when I rotated them front to rear I couldn't get the fronts to balance out again. Sent 'em back to Tire Rack for Dunlop Super Maxx and they were so out of round I sent them back too. Now I have Michelin PS2's and three out of four are out of round. Think I'm going with either the Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals or maybe the Yokohama db's. I tell 'ya, I've never had so many problems with tires in my life. Quality control must be out to lunch at these places.

JET
Holy crap! I like Goodyear Eagle F1's personally, but, if you keep getting these tires in out of round then maybe try the local Discount Tire....:eek:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wonder if the quality that Tire Rack gets is inferior. They seem almost too willing to take returns on tires that are defective. Almost every time I hear about tires not working out it is from there and not a local shop that is responsible for mounting and balancing.

Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.