Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically will 16" rims fit? I have brand new Dunlop snows on 16" Camaro rims. If I get a GTO in the next few weeks I would like to put my snows on.

Will they fit over the brakes? Is the lug pattern the same?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i picked up some alloy wheels from discount tire. very cheap. they look pretty similar to the factory wheels. their computer doesn't show that it would fit the gto but we ordered them anyways. they fit fine with no problems. the 16 inch wheel clear the brakes and there is no rubbing. they did need to get a custom set of centering rings. $800.00 for snow tires with alloy wheels. not too bad.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MIC1008 said:
i picked up some alloy wheels from discount tire. very cheap. they look pretty similar to the factory wheels. their computer doesn't show that it would fit the gto but we ordered them anyways. they fit fine with no problems. the 16 inch wheel clear the brakes and there is no rubbing. they did need to get a custom set of centering rings. $800.00 for snow tires with alloy wheels. not too bad.
Do you have any specs on the centering rings, or where you got them from? I am bidding on some 3 series rims with snows.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've seen numerous and rather detailed discussions of this topic on another site. Since I'm not interested in switching from the stock rims and don't need snow tires, I haven't studied the warnings and recommendations. But, be careful. From what I've read, there seems to be very little interchangeability. Even small variances from the stock dimensions can be hazardous to your health.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.