Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year this time I leased my 04 GTO for $96 a month for 24 months with absolutly nothing down. I had 5000 is GM card roundups and the 5k rebate. Anybody think they will do the same this year? There are still plenty on the lots here in new jersey and my brother wants one. If he can get the deal i got it would be great but i told him it doesnt look like thats going to happen again this year

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Don't know if the discounts will be as steep as last year -- but they'll be there. Seriously? I'd hold out until the last week of December. The consumer discounts (rebates and subsidized money) will be in full swing -- and some of the dealers get these coupons that they can use to sweeten any deal. Maybe dealernut knows about those...

·
Registered
80 Posts
GTO2424 said:
Last year this time I leased my 04 GTO for $96 a month for 24 months with absolutly nothing down. I had 5000 is GM card roundups and the 5k rebate. Anybody think they will do the same this year? There are still plenty on the lots here in new jersey and my brother wants one. If he can get the deal i got it would be great but i told him it doesnt look like thats going to happen again this year

I sure hope so, I would then be able to get one.

·
Banned
119 Posts
I see many GTOs on dealer lots so don't beleave everything you read here because many dealers are on this site and will tell yea different...
I would wait till DEC its only a few days away and I am sure you can get the car at invoice and the $3000......So i would guess the cost is around $25,000.........Go on the LAST day of NOV about 3pm and I am sure you can get the car at INVOICE and REBATE.....If you go in and they don't want to give it to yea at that price you really think they will let yea walk out of the dealership on the last day of the month?????lollllll.JohnnyT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
25k would be a great price. If The GM card does the roundup again (5k) more then that would be great. Has anybody heard of or gotten anything in the mail from the gm card with roundup $$$. Having that additional money is what is going to make the lease deal so sweet again. I could of bought my 04 last year for 19k but instead chose to lease it. I figured for 95 bucks a month i'd try it for 2 years. It was just to good to refuse

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
As of today...

Pontiac GTO sales are up 140% from last year. 30% higher than expected.

The red tag even will carry on through the end of they year.

There is a $2000.00 rebate as of now. I would not be suprised if that # doubled before the end of the year(December).

But the discount will NOT be as high as last year. That much I am certain of. Yes there are allot of GTO's still on the lot. But (nationally speaking) they are moving faster than any other 05 Pontiac. 112 day average nationally compared to 164 day average to the G6(#2 on average length of time at a dealership)

That being said our dealership keeps a GTO for an average of 30 days. So I have a biased opinion of the selling dynamics of this vehicle.

Now once the 06 models come out then there may be an opportunity to get a "leftover". But that will be in the march/april range.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Passed a few Dealers in NJ today and the all have a FEW GTOs on their lots..
Maybe in Florida there 1 on each lot but in the northeast there are 3 or 4 on each lot......
I would just wait till 3pm last day of NOV and walk into a dealership that has what you want and you should get it for Invoice Plus Rebate and maybe that extra $500 that dealers are giving out.......Trust me the dealer will not let yea walk out the door.........JohnnyT

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
johnnytuinal said:
Passed a few Dealers in NJ today and the all have a FEW GTOs on their lots..
Maybe in Florida there 1 on each lot but in the northeast there are 3 or 4 on each lot......
I would just wait till 3pm last day of NOV and walk into a dealership that has what you want and you should get it for Invoice Plus Rebate and maybe that extra $500 that dealers are giving out.......Trust me the dealer will not let yea walk out the door.........JohnnyT

You are below invoice with the red tag event. Buying the cars at $100 above supplier. Plus the rebate. But you are correct with your assesment towards the end of the month.

Yes, the north has the hardest time selling the GTO for some reason. SE is the best region for them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I stopped by the Dealer where i got mine last year and they have 2 left(Cyclone grey and Black both autos) and they have been there since June. THey told me I could have one for $25500. Now only if the GM Card would be so nice to throw in a few thousand more like last year I would be sold. They also said they would get me out of my lease on the 04 with no penalty. I would just keep it anyway its only 96 bucks a month. My brother could use it until the lease is up and I'd take the 05!

·
Registered
674 Posts
i dont think they will go to 5500 rebate and 5000 gm card bonus. remember last july they announced the "improvements" for 05 at the same msrp.

they had about 9000 GTOs to sell last september. and probably 8000 last december.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
johnnytuinal said:
I am only saying that invoice is around $28,000 and $3000 rebate...
I say you can get the car at around $25,000-$26,000...Let me know if i am wrong...JT
The cars are not invoiced with $5000 dollar mark up. A yukon denali only has a $5200 dollar mark up and they are nearly twice the price

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.