Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a new car in April 2007 and I was really considering the new GTO, but I hear that it will be discontinued very soon. Does anyone know when they will fully stop the production of them. I still see plenty of them at the dealers. I hope they will still be around for April 07'. Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mike,

The last production year of the current GTO is 2006 and my understanding is the last ones are rolling off the line right now. Maybe GTODealer can confirm this.

Due to inept advertising by GM, I suspect there will be some GTO's on the lots for a while (there are still some 2005's left), however, I would not suspect they will last a year. I personally would attempt to accelerate your new car plans if possible and shoot for the Oct/Nov timeframe at the latest to pick up one of the last of the '06's if you really want a new one. Since production has stopped, I would suspet folks will pick the last ones up. Just my prediction and 2cw.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in a similar boat due to a land deal that is the linch pin to securing a GTO. Looks like Nov for me. I am watching the inventory in Atlanta closely as I am kind of picky on color.

Hey Mike, I am a fbody driver in Alpharetta. How ya doin'?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Doodad, you were not on GA400 at hwy 369 (North of Cumming) yesterday (Friday) at about 6PM were you. There was a loud (it sounded awesome) GT1 era Camero in the left lane, I was in the right. I wanted to race, but it (you?) turned left. Was that you by any chance?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Russ2005 said:
Mike,

The last production year of the current GTO is 2006 and my understanding is the last ones are rolling off the line right now. Maybe GTODealer can confirm this.

Due to inept advertising by GM, I suspect there will be some GTO's on the lots for a while (there are still some 2005's left), however, I would not suspect they will last a year. I personally would attempt to accelerate your new car plans if possible and shoot for the Oct/Nov timeframe at the latest to pick up one of the last of the '06's if you really want a new one. Since production has stopped, I would suspet folks will pick the last ones up. Just my prediction and 2cw.
Have to respectfully disagree.

It's nearly June '06 and there are still hundreds of '05 GTO's out there. Production may be slightly down for '06 but logic dictates there will still be '06vehicles around late into '07.

Personally I hope sales pick up and that is NOT the case.

Keep in mind, 2ndQ '07 you may see diminished selection. My guess is 75% of what's left will be A4's.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Shhhhhhhh....don't you people utter a WORD of this to my wife.

I convinced her into letting me have i.....I mean I TOLD that damn woman I needed this car because they quit making them!!! :cheers

And no, I don't feel bad about myself at all.

Gerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.