Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any one think of this when they produced this turbo ? As i look, i am no rocket scientist, that thing is where the exhaust was. i live in chicago. i would like to have that turbo, but i like my goat to play in the rain or snow sometime if situation dictates . I know that i am not the only person that has a goat as a daily driver . so what can be my other options to get to the 500hp range with out a turbo .

i want to go all motor !!!!!!!

no superchargers :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
is that actually true? i mean it probably wouldnt be good to off road in it but water?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
It has a waterproof sock that goes on the end of the air filter to prevent water from entering, however, as cool as this sounds ( :rolleyes: ) STS now offers a relocation kit for the 04's so it moves the air filter above the plastic shield at the back of the car..... much better..... :cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
GTODEALER said:
It has a waterproof sock that goes on the end of the air filter to prevent water from entering, however, as cool as this sounds ( :rolleyes: ) STS now offers a relocation kit for the 04's so it moves the air filter above the plastic shield at the back of the car..... much better..... :cheers
Do you mean on the passenger side? I am wondering if my split exhaust (like an '05) would preclude this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When are we going to see some kits for 05? does anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
531 Posts
I got an email from a sales rep for the STS Tubro website. He said they were having some programming issues with the LS2 computer, but hoped to have a system available by the end of summer. After watching the videos of "fast customers" I believe the STS system is the way to go!
:cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
The 04 kits are getting a CARB # this month, the 05 kits are (hopefully) going to be released next month. The exhaust may split in the rear but there is still only one air filter. One of my STS customers drives his car daily (no matter what) and he has NEVER had a problem! :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.