Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched to see if anyone has complained about this yet, but haven't found any hits, even in the "what don't you like about your GTO" thread. I've been really annoyed recently since it's been snowing and roads are salty that when I spray my windshield with the squirters, the wipers don't automatically come on. Does anyone else have this problem or is my car defective? It's a lot more annoying than it sounds like it would be... This is the first car I've had that didn't have this "feature".

Anyhow, just curious if that's just the nature of the GTO or if mine has a problem.

Thanks...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
big_mike said:
if you hit the washer fluid and the wipers dont come on, thats a problem.
...says the guy that doesn't even own a GTO.

JMJ80, there's definitely no delay, at least not on mine. I thought that too and have squirted the windshield and purposely left it there to see if the wipers would come on, but they don't. If Rob thinks the same, then I'm betting it's just the nature of the beast, as annoying as it is...

And edysinger, unfortunately my GTO is my daily driver, so rain, snow, salt or anything else, doesn't matter. I gotta drive it. And I don't really wash it any more often than any other daily driver. I don't particularly like having salt on it, but there's not much I can do about it living in Ohio. If I wash it today, the salt will be back tomorrow. My only other option would be to drive the Corvette to work, and I think that'd react even worse to the salt, the frame anyway, not the body...

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else have non-squirter activated wipers?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.