Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. :confused I believe it's held in place by Velcro, of all things.
Whats crazy is how you could think its held in by VELCRO?? All windshields are attached by a urethane adhesive, and become a structural part of the body and the vehicles safety system. Maybe you are on to something though....if a windshield was held in by velcro it would pop out in a frontal collision and it would make it easier to be ejected from the vehicle with out getting all cut up :willy:

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Whats crazy is how you could think its held in by VELCRO?? All windshields are attached by a urethane adhesive, and become a structural part of the body and the vehicles safety system. Maybe you are on to something though....if a windshield was held in by velcro it would pop out in a frontal collision and it would make it easier to be ejected from the vehicle with out getting all cut up :willy:
Hyundai uses a big zipper to install their windshields. Pop off the moulding, unzip, windsheld out. :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hyundai uses a big zipper to install their windshields. Pop off the moulding, unzip, windsheld out. :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :eek: :eek:
If the winsheild breaks in a Kia, insurance just replaces the car. (Costs less than replacing the winshield):lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:agree
How did you discover it was loose? Were you braking hard and it moved out? Did it leak? Vibrate? Have wind noise?

They put in the new window today. They told me that it was not sealed when it came from down under. I noticed the window move outward when I would shut the driver door. The pressure from me shutting the door caused the window to move outward.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
If the winsheild breaks in a Kia, insurance just replaces the car. (Costs less than replacing the winshield):lol:
I would not doubt that..... Kia, Suzuki, Hyundai are all throw away cars. :willy:

Window not sealed from Aussies..... I have never heard of that happening. First for everything I guess. You ever have any water leaks from this.... from washing your car etc?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would not doubt that..... Kia, Suzuki, Hyundai are all throw away cars. :willy:

Window not sealed from Aussies..... I have never heard of that happening. First for everything I guess. You ever have any water leaks from this.... from washing your car etc?
No water leaks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts