Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get new pump to work. I can hear it trigger but no squirt. What could I have done to screw up installing new pump on ww motor? Hose from ww tank is on bottom nipple of pump, and hose to nozzles using top nipple. It seemed so simple even a caveman can do it. But I can't seem to get it to work.

When I had my original GTO in 68 u needed a safety pin to clear ww nozzles in winter. Metal nozzles freeze up.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The pump should have three fittings. The large diameter fitting goes to the tank. The two smaller diameter fittings go to the nozzles

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
FWIW, I had a similar problem. I fought it for weeks before giving up and buying a new kit from Ames (the other kit was not from Ames). It looked very similar to the one I had, but sure enough, when I put it on, it worked perfectly. This was on a 67. Your mileage may vary.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a single small hose from tank to bottom nub, a small one on top nub splitting into 2 hoses to nozzles. all connections are for small hoses. There is a larger tube also on the pump, but I don't know what it is. This a new pump. I just removed old and screwed on new.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The large tube goes to the tank on the fender which uses a larger diameter hose than the two nozzles. Two smaller tubes to the nozzles. One tube/hose for each nozzle

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It works!!! yes Thanks!

Reactions: O52
1 - 6 of 6 Posts