Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the engine, fans, dash, etc. wired up...SO,we ran the engine for about 1/2 hour tonight. Bled the power steering/hydroboost. It ran well. Couldn't get to 160 degreees with both fans running....160* on the dot with one fan on. Smoked the fan controller :mad: gotta find out why tomorrow. I think it was defective. Big news: NO LEAKS !!!!! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gents, I will take video next time...too much thinkin' & worryin' last night! :lol: :cheers Eric

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am speechless. AND blind from all the chrome go fast goodies in that engine compartment.
:cool

There that's better.

I can't wait for video of the first ride.

Congrats man!
:party:

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!...I am waiting on the wheels, and still have some "interior wiring" and upholstery to do. Also the wheel well moldings, emblems, etc.....then: TIME TO STRIPE the driveway! Video soon. Eric :party: :party::D

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Gosh E, that engine just looks incredible.

Is that a preluber on the firewall? I wish you had bigger pics so I could go over the details better. All that red anodizing with the polished components just looks so freakin AWSOME.

How about a complete parts list for us droolers?:D Some details on the fuel system, carbs etc. Please? :eek:

Sooooooo Niiiiiicccceeee! :cool

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
:agree....E does that fuel log have a pressure gauge built into it...i need to get the dual carb linkage and figure out how i am gonna run my fuel line. What type of MSD unit are you running? have a feeling there will be no car of the month challengers for June....:D

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again fellas! I will compile a list of the fuel system components and make a post, with pics....I just gotta tidy up a bit ......:party: Eric

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, ALKY and INST,, that is a remote oil filter. After first oil change, it will be shorter and black ( Nitemare Pontiac in Conn.). The fuel system : A stainless steel repro 1967 GTO tank (21 gal). Rob Mc fuel pick up and sender, in tank 1/2 inch lines. Aeromative A-1000 fuel pump and filter at tank. -8AN to fuel log, and -6 return. FUEL LOG: Supplied by BDS (we added the gauge). Built in regulator AFTER the carbs, and another Aeromotive filter. CARBS: 2- QFT B-2 (blower carbs) 750 CFM. They FEED: a BDS 871 Supercharger 6-8 lbs of boost TO: a IAII block based 505 cu/in 8.57:1 compression motor.....coupled TO: a 4L80e trannywith "special order" Continental TQ convertor---Strange Racing driveshaft---3.73:1 Moser rear. I will get some close ups in a day or two, after I am injected with " precious, life sustaining fluids" at the Dr.'s office this week. ERIC :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts