Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to get a plug / patch for the screw in my tire.

Just venting........... like someone posted here, the tire&wheel won't fit in the trunk.

Guess I could tie the lid down by wrapping something around the spoiler :eek:

lucky i keep a moving pad in the trunk; thousand uses.

in engineering something's always gotta give :willy:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may, I thought about it but had so much stuff in the trunk, and on the side of the road, i just said the heck with it.......

I'll try that in a little while :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Westell,

Be sure to watch your tire over the next few days, I had a patch & plug installed and it didn't take well (stock wheels & tires). Ended up taking it back about 2 weeks later with 23psi; they had it all day while ironing the patch instead of using the adhesive glue.

BTW, what did the tire man mean when he said I lost my speed rating? I presume it has something to do with the plug?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sboylan said:
Westell,

Be sure to watch your tire over the next few days, I had a patch & plug installed and it didn't take well (stock wheels & tires). Ended up taking it back about 2 weeks later with 23psi; they had it all day while ironing the patch instead of using the adhesive glue.

BTW, what did the tire man mean when he said I lost my speed rating? I presume it has something to do with the plug?
OK, I'm going outside and will try this again, to fit in trunk w/o floor in place.

On speed rating - yeah, i guess you don't want that plug coming out at hyperspeed :D , seriously, I've been in "Z" rated rubba for 15 years now and plugged / patched a few with no problems and do frequent the 150 club every safe chance I get

I'll repost on the tire fit. :seeya:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, it fits, without floor, not flush, but at angle, with floor on top of tire/wheel and the lid shuts.

was able to stuff the baseball eqpt. bag and skateboard in, too :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.