Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have worked hard over the last year and a half restoring my 65 GTO. The car was in great physical shape when I purchased it. I purchased the car from it's second owner in November 2011. Car had never seen snow, salt and very little rain. Car had 60,000 miles on it. Car had zero body rust. Paint had been redone in the 70's and looked bad. The Interior had 46 years of age on it. Long story short, I had the paint stripped and had all the normal priming,blocking, painting, etc. done, as well as I installed all new interior parts with the exception of the Seats, which were in great shape. I purchased and installed all the new exterior trim that was available to buy including bezels, bumpers, etc. I purchased new Rally One Wheels with the polished center caps and put them on the car. Last Friday evening I drove the car to it's first Car show. There were close to 200 cars in the show. I ended up taking the award for "Best GM Vehicle" "Non Chevy". I was very happy as I did not expect to win that award. At the show they give awards to the top 26 cars in general and then they give individual awards for the best in each class. I thought I may have a chance at the top 26 cars award but was very surprised to win one of the top awards. Not bragging, just proud that my car was appreciated by the judges at the show. I am very happy with the way my car turned out. It was even better to see how many people out there love Pontiacs and in particular GTO's. Even the folks that I know are Die Hard Ford Lovers, really like and appreciate Pontiacs. Thanks to all for your help and advice along the way while restoring my car. I could not have done it without the help of the Forums members. :party:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts