Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed this. I have an 06 6spd. At times when under acceleration in third or fourth gear I get what I can only describe as a feeling that the car is skipping. The engine doesn't make any different sound like a misfire or a clutch slip, but the car seems to hesitate and then let go repeatedly and very quickly. The sensation never lasts long and if I go ahead and jam down on the pedal a little more it clears up. It never does it under low acceleration or high acceleration just in that middle ground, and only in third or fourth gear. I don't drive with T/C on unless it is raining so I doubt that it is the computer trying to get traction. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have the same car as you, 06-M6 and I have never encountered that issue...Could it all be in you mind? If you are under warranty take her on in, can't hurt...:) Can't hurt much, I mean...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be in my head. My wife has never noticed it. I am taking it in next week. It needs an oil change and a good whatsover after our long trip.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I never noticed anything like that, just alot of popping for a stock exhaust.

Hey svede1212 thats probably the best avatar pic Ive seen on this forum! nice job

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought that if it were the clutch I would feel it in all the gears especially the first two where the torque is the highest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No good answer to that question judge, other than I've got it in my head that I get slightly better gas mileage with the T/C off. Technically I doubt that it makes any difference at all. So the root of my driving with the T/C off most likely stems from a Tim Allen line of reasoning. AGH!!! AGH!!! AGH!!!. lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Try driving the car with the TC on. Maybe the constant TC off is part of the problem? I don't know. Leave the TC on and if the problem leaves, then you know what it was.

Tim Allen is a comedian. I wouldn't apply any of his shows car logic to real life, he's a buffoon.

I'd drive the car the way it was meant to be driven I think you'll find less things going wrong down the road.

Disengaging the TC you are bypassing a safety feature.

Here is a snippet I am sure you may already be aware of:

Use of traction control

* In road cars: Traction control has traditionally been a safety feature in high-performance cars, which would otherwise need very sensitive throttle input to keep them from spinning the driven wheels when accelerating, especially in wet, icy or snowy conditions. In recent years, traction control systems have become widely available in non-performance cars, minivans, and light trucks.
* In race cars: Traction control is used as a performance enhancement, allowing maximum traction under acceleration without wheel spin. When accelerating out of turn, it keeps the tires at the optimum slip ratio.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try driving the car with the TC on. Maybe the constant TC off is part of the problem? I don't know. Leave the TC on and if the problem leaves, then you know what it was.

Tim Allen is a comedian. I wouldn't apply any of his shows car logic to real life, he's a buffoon.

I'd drive the car the way it was meant to be driven I think you'll find less things going wrong down the road.

Disengaging the TC you are bypassing a safety feature.

Here is a snippet I am sure you may already be aware of:

Use of traction control

* In road cars: Traction control has traditionally been a safety feature in high-performance cars, which would otherwise need very sensitive throttle input to keep them from spinning the driven wheels when accelerating, especially in wet, icy or snowy conditions. In recent years, traction control systems have become widely available in non-performance cars, minivans, and light trucks.
* In race cars: Traction control is used as a performance enhancement, allowing maximum traction under acceleration without wheel spin. When accelerating out of turn, it keeps the tires at the optimum slip ratio.
Judge, do you even have a sense of humor?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I ran into Tim allen at a gas station, he was filling up his ford GT.. hes not as respectful as you'd think. Maybe because I'm young? then again considering his shows and movies... most of his fans must be children. Sorry for stealing the post and steering into a completely different direction. YOU STARTED IT!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ran into Tim allen at a gas station, he was filling up his ford GT.. hes not as respectful as you'd think. Maybe because I'm young? then again considering his shows and movies... most of his fans must be children. Sorry for stealing the post and steering into a completely different direction. YOU STARTED IT!
My understanding is that most famous people are rude. I probably would be rude if people I had never met kept coming up to me acting as if they knew who I was. Then again they chose to be famous. Being famous kinda negates your right to privacy, to a degree when in public.

Hey Tim, smile and be polite whether you feel like it or not. It's just good buisness :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More than you know..... Oh yea..... More than you know.:willy:

Sorry if I came off a little stiff. :)

"AGH!!! AGH!!! AGH!!!" ;)
Judge, I haven't taken it in yet to let the tech take a look at my problem. I've been sick all week and have even missed two days of work. I most likely won't get it to the shop until this coming Friday. I'll post and let you guys know what they said.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I get a charge out of being able to bark the tires goin into 4th gear. How many cars are out there, bone stock, and under 35 G's that can do that?
:cool
not many.... I love that fact about these cars..... the only other car that I saw that I really was like damn!!! was at the track..... it was an 04 or so mach 1 mustang. Im guessing it was slightly modded but it chirped the tires all the way almost to 5th i believe. Every shift I heard loud tire chirp

1 - 20 of 29 Posts