Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ticket in the GTO today, first one in years, and first ever in any of my performance cars. Got clocked doing 57 in a 45 on a completely empty 4 lane road. The cop asked me if I was showing off. I looked at him funny and said "No". I was just cruisin down a deserted road, and this dude thinks I am showing off :rofl: I can't image what he would have asked if I really WAS showing off in the GTO.

Ohh well, tickets like these are the reason that even with a degree in Public Admin: Law Enforcement, I could never be a cop. I just couldn't bring myself to write tickets like that. It was kinda cool though, the cop had a little pda that I signed and it printed out the ticket. :cool

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh that is crap. 12 over isnt TOO bad though, but tickets are no fun in general. Especially weak ones like that.

I got a similar one for 14 over (69 in a 55)... 4 lane, 10pm, no one on the road. That was my first ticket ever. Then i got another on a Sunday morning on the way to church for 50 in a 30... and the cop was sitting JUST past where the speed limit goes from 45 to 30 FOR NO REASON! (Ok, I'm sure there is a reason... but still, it was a 6 lane road). He asked where I was going and it felt weird when I told him I was on my way to church. I just knew he was thinking, "Yeah, sure, loud 'hot rod' truck with a 20 year old driving it going to church... sure." But he cut me a break, he gave me "excessive speed" instead of 20 over. Took the class for that one. Then my last ticket was on another 30mph 6 lane road... 77 in a 30. No excuse for that one. I had a little top end miss, just checking it out ;). That one is gonna hurt when insurance payment time comes around :eek:.

I'm a little worried about the trouble I'm gonna get into with the GTO :D.

The first one was 2 years ago, the last 2 were 2 and 3 months ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts