Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members gonna be attending, plan on running out there Friday Evening and Saturday all day. Great area where a lot of Pontiacs gather is (where else but) the Widetrack Dr. turn around onto south Woodward in Pontiac Northeast corner...hope to run into some Members...:cheers

·
Registered
727 Posts
Been out there several evenings already.
It was pretty crowded in Royal Oak on Saturday!

Will keep my eyes peeled; we'll be out there.
Saturday I usually park the car and walk from Maple Road down to 13 Mile Road.
Takes most of the day, with all the great cars to look at!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was hoping to go this year, never been before. I just don't think my engine would make the 2 hour trip. I was able to do the bricks in Flint, but I only had to go slow. It stayed running both days for 3+ hours never over 216 in temp. Plugs all have oil on them and had a few guys said the engine was shot with busted rings. Maybe next year if I can get enough money together for another motor :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Im going next year come hell or highwater! I plan on trailering my GTO the 12 hour drive. I would drive it, but breaking down hundreds of miles from home doesn't seem fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My aim is to be on the road for end of July, 2014. Two events, Ames Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio and the Dream Cruise are on the participation agenda. Usually do a couple passes on Friday in the daily driver Mustang before the Gestapo shuts it down at 10PM.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I figured worst case I blow the motor and get towed home. So I went to back to the brick in the AM, then the dizzy burned up, replaced it and made woodward at 8 pm. Car only hit 205 on the freeway but shot up to 230 in the cruise. Seemed like they shut it down well before 10, wasn't cruising long before they made us leave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts