Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1979 Chevy Monza. Had f-ed up shift linkages. Shift pattern was 2-1-4-3. It was fun to see other people drive it, though. :willy: Any one else?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate LT1s period. Ever replace plugs and wires (or cyl. heads) in an LT1 F-body? It's a BEEEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOUUUUUCCCCH :shutme

G

·
PEARL JAM said:
I hate LT1s period. Ever replace plugs and wires (or cyl. heads) in an LT1 F-body? It's a BEEEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOUUUUUCCCCH :shutme
I have done plugs, wires - the detailed routing of the wires too, AND the optispark/waterpump ordeal, THREE TIMES!

·
Registered
150 Posts
89 Toyota Supra Turbo. Good looking car, lots of fun when it was actually running. It just had way to many problems. I bought it after having my 83 inline 6 Supra that had 130k miles on the clock and no problems.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Justice said:
95 Dodge Neon. Turd on wheels. And that's an insult to poop.
Worked for Dodge in the 90's. We used to call the Neons the Dodge chevette. You could dent one of those things by spitting on it.

G

·
my parents had one of those! thats when I learned going from neutral to drive at full throttle on a FWD is not a good idea.

*I wasnt always as smart with cars as I am now*

·
Registered
312 Posts
1988 Ford Thunderbird Sport 5.0L 5 speed it was really a great first car but god damn that thing was just always falling apart driveshaft, tranny,oil pump, etc. It was the only ford I've ever owned and the last :D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
toolman said:
1987 Chrysler Conquest, it was reasonably quick when it ran. I owned it for 3 years and drove it a grand total of 3 months.
Worked on a few of those. The TSI was fast, when they were running right. New a guy who took the turbo engine out of one and put it in a Mitsubishi Mighty Max. THAT was fast!

·
Registered
27 Posts
'73 Chevy Vega purchased in the gas crisis upheaval of that period. First week the rear view mirror fell into my lap. I should have taken that as an omen. Many, many problems, but worst of all was just the overall crap quality. I have never seen a car before or since that was put together that poorly. Here's the real pisser: the car I felt necessary to trade out into this thing was a beautiful '68 Barracuda 340/4 speed. I never quite got over the shock.

·
Registered
202 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
Worked on a few of those. The TSI was fast, when they were running right. New a guy who took the turbo engine out of one and put it in a Mitsubishi Mighty Max. THAT was fast!
There was a guy on the Starion/Conquest forum that did just that. They were fast, but you could not keep them running right.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
toolman said:
There was a guy on the Starion/Conquest forum that did just that. They were fast, but you could not keep them running right.
Was Hal Wilson from Charleston, SC?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Juniorss said:
Well considering I have only had this car and an 04 Avalalanche that was bought back under the lemon law, that has to be the worst vehicle. Really like the truck and wouldn't mind another. This GTO is following in its footsteps since it also has a water leak and is going in for attempt three to be fixed. But if anything happens, I am going to get another one since I like the car :)
Good luck with that. I'm glad you have an open mind and are considering another GTO if you return your existing one.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.