Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Wow, a "new" GTO forum website

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  HP11 
#1 ·
Just discovered this today as before all I got when I linked to it was a 404..Is this new forum pretty, oh yeah.

My complaint is that I saved a bunch of thread subscriptions that had great info on info I needed to finish my GTO. It's now all gone. Great. Thank the Lord for the PY site which has had changes but kept my "bookmarks" to threads I need. The ones I had hear went back 5 years. Chit! The search function is not that great so re-finding them will be hard. Guess I'll just look for new threads relevant to me when I'm not on the PY forum.

End of rant.

#8 ·
I kinda agree - comfortable with how it was....but like most other areas of life the cliche holds - "the only thing constant is change"

Private messages are still a thing - they are now called "conversations"

Hang in there, we'll get thru this together...

One feature I miss - is the "green dot" to see who is on the forum at the same time..

#3 ·
Can't say as I like the "new" format. Very difficult to navigate and I liked the side bar that informed you the last topics responded to in an ascending order. The "sticky" notes are above the forum topics, but lack a true division as a "sticky" except for the thumb tack pin - really stupid.

Got some crazy icon's up top that for me, an "old guy", really are confusing and don't mean much of anything. Can't we print/write things out any more? I see a conversation ballon from out of a comic strip with "New" in it, some kind of a row of dots followed by uneven lines, my photo with a red circle in the top right corner, and three descending dots. Does not mean a f****ing thing to me. I guess in your face plain and simple and easy to use and navigate has become as antique as our cars.

I am guessing that this "new" format is going to lose members as we all migrate over to the PY website. Sad. There must be some computer Geek/tekkie who hasn't a clue about keeping "old school" cars in the same world as "old school" presentation. Why do people feel they have to change things that work well as is, and go the "new & improved" route and screw things up? Very frustrating.

#5 ·
This format has taken over all the forums I am active on. I think it's terrible and has me not wanting to visit as much. This site was the last to make the switch and I'm bummed. Some say it's easier to navigate and read in "Dark Mode". Click the 3 vertical dots icon on the top right and hit "Dark Mode". Maybe it will help some people here

#6 ·
Like Jim whenever I see "new and improved" on anything it usually means made cheaper, made worse, made user unfriendly, etc, etc. Agree with you both about spending less time here. I'm going to start using the HAMB again too as there is much there on old cars and since my GTO is a 2nd day, the HAMB info will be helpful with mods.Alreay spending time on PY more now. It's sad, this used to be a nice place to go to.:cry:

#11 ·
Well, seems I have problems trying to upload any pics in a conversation with another forum member. Tried several times, used different re-sizing of my pics, and still nothing. Then I got a double post in replying and could not delete one of them so as to have only 1 reply post. Went out to do laundry, came back and tried again to upload my pics in the conversations section, and still no go. Had to upload in the forums section adding to the earlier/original post. I'm liking this "new" format less and less, and I don't like it anyway.

#12 ·
WOW!!! WTF!!!!??? These clowns have really f**ked this site up. I just tried to edit a post to a forum member in my "conversations" section and when I hit the Save button, this is what I got:

"The time limit to edit this message (5 minutes) has expired."

You gotta be chitting me!! So if I decide to re-gather my thoughts and add/delete my advice and I don't come in under 5 minutes, I have to post another reply. How F'n stupid is that??????????? Now I gotta get a friggin timer to set at my desk and set it for 4 minutes and 30 seconds because at my age it takes 30 seconds to go from my brain-to-index finger to hit the Save button. What a bunch of horse pucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
They seemed to tried making it more user friendly, while using mobile/cell phone. I guess their metrics/data showed more members using their cell phones, but like other sites they should've provided members the Option To hit "Classic Site". This way they could of gradually roll out this new look. Also, for those using their mobile phones you can hit your browser/window settings to "Desktop Version" ( if you have andriod it's at the bottom and apple it's at the top like regular laptop) which can help see more of the page buttons, options, that can better help you to navigate. Good luck my fellow members. ??

#17 ·
Spam/troll posts are being left on the site now even after being reported. Maybe this ship is beginning to sink?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.