Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 months of owning my car in this Houston heat, I finally had a chance to drive around without my A/C on and I swear I thought I was driving a different car! It felt like I had an extra 50 HP and I'm chirping 3rd and even 4th gear.

I just thought I would mention it!

Have a good day!

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Ashburner said:
After 4 months of owning my car in this Houston heat, I finally had a chance to drive around without my A/C on and I swear I thought I was driving a different car! It felt like I had an extra 50 HP and I'm chirping 3rd and even 4th gear.

I just thought I would mention it!

Have a good day!
let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor :willy: :willy: :willy:
:rofl: :cheers

·
Registered
73 Posts
Blockbuster Video's are going to sue you for that "saying" :)

it is good to know that our cars wake up cause it is cold . Also we do not have to run parasitic A/C . Just that good old heater now :party:

By the way i used the 245 method this summer

2 windows down at 45 mph :cool

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Empaler said:
Blockbuster Video's are going to sue you for that "saying" :)

it is good to know that our cars wake up cause it is cold . Also we do not have to run parasitic A/C . Just that good old heater now :party:

By the way i used the 245 method this summer

2 windows down at 45 mph :cool
Not in Texas you don't.... 245 method works around this time of the year ONLY, no a/c = death! :willy:

·
Registered
107 Posts
i was driving back from dallas today and was watching on my programmer and my iat was run 78 holly crap is what i thought when i say that i had never seen it drop below 95 befor to day. Thank god its finally cool!!! :cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked up mine (Impulse Blue, automatic) from Gay Pontiac in Dickinson. Got it for $30,300, which I was real happy with. Haven't had it long enough to check it out with/without the air conditioner on.

The fastest car I have had was a 1995 Camaro Z-28.....6 speed, however this the new Goat would have blown it's doors off.

Mustang who? :D :D :D

Just an Old_Goat from Pasadena shouting out a hello to his fellow Texans.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
In the evening around here with the temp in the high 70's I can start to feel the difference. I can't wait to catch a 60 degree day at the track. i'll clock off another 12 sec run and post it for the world to see. Then it's look out mods I got some BFG's to fry.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It was cool for the first time in a while last night and tonight here in Tallahassee. It spins at the top of first a little now and then gets all crazy with the hopping on the 1-2 shift and chirps third pretty good. I havent gone for 4th yet, nowhere that I can hit the top of third unless i go up on the interstate. It certainly feels a bit stonger though. And I only have 1300 miles on it, so it'll get good and losened up just about when it gets REALLY cool out. I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
With how "well" these cars handle the heat soak issue (unfortunately), the power being sucked up by the A/C unit as well definately presents a problem. So with winter coming on, we should be able to see some lower running engine temps as well as the bonus of full power... should provide good track times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here! I have only owned mine since August and when the first cold front came through last week and it cooled down some I could not believe the difference! :party:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.