Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys haha so i was to cocky lol we did 6 races 3 from a stop and 3 from a roll from a stop i just put bus lengths on him but from a roll he got me everytime by 2 cars we went from 30 which was the first thing i did wrong when my sweet spot is 25 so we are racing again on thursday after i get my trq converter put in

also on thursday i wil be racing a turboed acura rsx and a 2004 cobra hopefully i can get someone to video it so i can show you guys

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think you already know what you did wrong. You have an A4 and you raced from your weak spot.
You most likely started the race just above 30mph and you were stuck very low in 2nd gear = bad performance.

Don't race from 30 - 45 mph rolls. Starting a roll race from those speeds puts you very low in 2nd gear.

Start a roll race either below 30mph or above 50mph (but stay under 70mph).

Another dead zone/weak spot is from 70-85mph.

To review

A4 races should start from
1. Dig
2. below 30mph
3. between 55-69 mph (but stay under 70mph).

Don't race from
1. 30-45 mph - get stuck at a low rpm in 2nd gear
2. 70-85 mph get stuck at a low rpm in 3rd gear.

Follow these rules and you'll win a lot more races.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Why not play with the gears? Get it at the right RPM, take off and you only switch gears like once in the auto at those speeds anyway, atleast you get a good start. Thats why I like manual, better on gas... and better jumps in races. Nice runs though Jdrake!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts