Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB five (5) stock factory wheels in good to excellent condition for the purpose of converting my 1965 GTO back to totally stock for the 2018 GTOAA Nationals.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
the stamping on the inside of the steel wheel is not how to ID the wheel. yes, it's nice to see that 14 x 6 stamped on the spine of the wheel, versus 14x5 or 14x5.5, but there were 100's of different steel wheels that had 14 x 6 stamped on the inner rim.

for any GM A-body 14 x 6 steel wheel they are identified by the code (& later on, dates) stamped on the outside of the rim by the valve stem hole.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the stamping on the inside of the steel wheel is not how to ID the wheel. yes, it's nice to see that 14 x 6 stamped on the spine of the wheel, versus 14x5 or 14x5.5, but there were 100's of different steel wheels that had 14 x 6 stamped on the inner rim.

for any GM A-body 14 x 6 steel wheel they are identified by the code (& later on, dates) stamped on the outside of the rim by the valve stem hole.
Thanks for the information.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

What I need are stock factory wheels from a 64, 65, 66 or 67 GTO. What are the codes stamped on the outside of the rim which identity these?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I might be able to help You with the 64-66 GTO 14x6 wheels, do You know the code(s) You are looking for?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I might be able to help You with the 64-66 GTO 14x6 wheels, do You know the code(s) You are looking for?
The wheels will have a "6" stamped by the value stem (see photo). Please send photos of front and rear of each wheel you have available.
Thanks

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts