Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could this be the cause of the occasional odd scrapes I'm hearing from the rear?

Oddly enough the bracket on the passenger side is positioned farther out and doesn't interfere at all with the shocks:

Clearly someone banged on the driver's side shock to make it clear? Are these the stock locations for these brackets?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yikes, nothing stock there. Someone did a real shoddy job there, looks like it broke off and it was welded back on. Nothing that cannot be fixed just need to take the time to clean it up and properly weld it.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yikes, nothing stock there. Someone did a real shoddy job there, looks like it broke off and it was welded back on. Nothing that cannot be fixed just need to take the time to clean it up and properly weld it.
Wow. Every time I think there was a limit to the PO's stupidity, this car conspires to remind me that there was, in fact, no such thing. Also you'd think the shop that just finished installing my 4-wheel disc brake kit last week would have mentioned this, since they could have easily fixed it then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts