Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so I got my subs/amp installed. when i went to go pick up the car they said "it was working..then all of a sudden stopped". so i got home and pulled the box, immediately the remote wire fell out of the amp. i put it back in, the subs start working, problem fixed ?...no, now everytime i press the shifter down (A4) to put it in gear, the amp loses power. it will only let power to them in Park. anybody have an idea ?

I called Alpine, they have no idea.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Clevite 77 said:
Who wired that in? is it "plug and play"?

This local shop, Auto Perfection. Im just sitting here trying to find logic in why it would do this :willy: :willy:

ok i just talked to the installer, he said this happened with another GTO he did, he told me it had to do with some crap about the stock amp and the wires coming from it, it should be fixed tomorrow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
With all the electrics in the car now-a-days, that would scare the crap out of me, you're just lucky they didn't tie into the airbag some how

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Clevite 77 said:
With all the electrics in the car now-a-days, that would scare the crap out of me, you're just lucky they didn't tie into the airbag some how
:lol: :lol: ...I know it's not funny, but, did anyone else get a mentle picture... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts