Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my hood repainted right and im getting a letter from the paint guys that im not supposed to wax it at all for 120 days??? I thought it was sposed to only be 30 days. And the hood was baked too. Any ideas on this or info i would greatly apreciate. I dont like my car having no rock protection for 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
jagyro said:
I just had my hood repainted right and im getting a letter from the paint guys that im not supposed to wax it at all for 120 days??? I thought it was sposed to only be 30 days. And the hood was baked too. Any ideas on this or info i would greatly apreciate. I dont like my car having no rock protection for 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

how would waxing it give you rock protection? W/ that said, I usually wait 30 days before touching customers cars that have been repainted, or my own.

·
Registered
214 Posts
jagyro said:
I'm going to be paying for that teflon stuff so my paint is protected against, chiping etc.
Sorry to break this to you, but Teflon will not protect against chipping. It only forms a bond on the surface of the paint which makes it more difficult for sustances such as dirt, tar, bird crap, tree sap, etc. to adhere or stain the paint. If some gravel falls off a truck and hits your car on the highway, your paint will still chip the same with or without teflon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.