Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I must say I am a little dissapointed in the local Pontiac dealerships. I called two dealerships in the Montgomery, AL area...McGough in Montgomery and Victory in Calera (for those of you familiar with the area). I was trying to get some information from them about the 455 Bobcat package. Just about pricing, if they install, and how it would affect the warranty. I was under the impression it was a dealer installable package. NOBODY in the service department of either dealerships even knew what I was talking about, let alone was able to answer my questions. They couldnt even tell me if they would install headers if I bought them. Hence the title to my post...WTF?!?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Answer

sig229 said:
Hey all...I must say I am a little dissapointed in the local Pontiac dealerships. I called two dealerships in the Montgomery, AL area...McGough in Montgomery and Victory in Calera (for those of you familiar with the area). I was trying to get some information from them about the 455 Bobcat package. Just about pricing, if they install, and how it would affect the warranty. I was under the impression it was a dealer installable package. NOBODY in the service department of either dealerships even knew what I was talking about, let alone was able to answer my questions. They couldnt even tell me if they would install headers if I bought them. Hence the title to my post...WTF?!?

As far as I know, this is not an official GM accessory. The Bobcat kit is produced by SLP Performance and here is their info:

SLP Performance Parts Inc.
1501 Industrial Wy. N., DEPT. GMHTP
Toms River, NJ 08755
732/349-2109
www.slponline.com

Dan
'05 GTO
Black w/Red Leather Int.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
sig229 said:
To the best of my knowledge that IS NOT a dealer installed package. If it isn't a genuine GM part, they aren't going to stock it or get it from GM. The only upgrade to the exhaust is the SAP mufflers. Other than that, I am assuming anything else is after market.

I seriously doubt the dealer is going to install headers or any other part that is not GM that you bring them.

As far as warranty issues should you install the bobcat package, I don't know if that would void the warranty should you have a claim. That the dealer should be able to tell you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I appreciate the input guys. As for asking the dealer...after dealing with them for the past couple of days I already know what they are going to say..."if you dont put gm approved gas in the car it will void your warranty" (I am of course being facetious) It seems like they will not consider anything aftermarket as being ok. Oh well. I am not trying to change any major internal items. I am not getting a new cam or heads. (I want to, but...) or a turbo charger or anything obviously invasive to the car. I just want some heads a cat-back exhaust and an intake. Maybe upgrade the suspension just a bit. Nothing over the top or crazy. I am not trying to turn my gto into a drag car, I just want it to go a little faster, thats all. Thanks again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No Prob

sig229 said:
I appreciate the input guys. As for asking the dealer...after dealing with them for the past couple of days I already know what they are going to say..."if you dont put gm approved gas in the car it will void your warranty" (I am of course being facetious) It seems like they will not consider anything aftermarket as being ok. Oh well. I am not trying to change any major internal items. I am not getting a new cam or heads. (I want to, but...) or a turbo charger or anything obviously invasive to the car. I just want some heads a cat-back exhaust and an intake. Maybe upgrade the suspension just a bit. Nothing over the top or crazy. I am not trying to turn my gto into a drag car, I just want it to go a little faster, thats all. Thanks again.

Anytime, I'm here to help if I can...

Good Luck,
Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes

yes it is dealer installed
yes it is under warranty
my dealer said yesterday, they will install and honor remaining 3/36 or whatever as long as i purchase said package from them.
this is obaugh pontiac in staunton Va

·
Registered
4 Posts
there are MANY after market parts that WON'T void your warranty. I do find it surprising that the bobcat package is a dealer install. I would have though that the 25% underdrive pully would definitely void your warranty, but I guess I'm wrong. there are headers that will void it though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.