Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of used LS1 heads, so took the valves out today. I decided to do something with them besides trashing them so I made a desk display.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
I have a pair of used LS1 heads, so took the valves out today. I decided to do something with them besides trashing them so I made a desk display.

Yea, your bored.

·
Registered
336 Posts
just had a thought turn them into candle holders! im sure your wife would love it ha ha well probably not unless she is a gear head ha ha but ill bet you could build em and sell them for a good price

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Why don't you just sell them on craigslist or ebay? Somebody will pay for them, I'm sure they are better than the 5.3 heads.
Oh, Beer fixes boredom.:cheers
I think the 241s flow better, but the 5.3 have high compression.

i agree you should sell em.. also xbox is great bordom detrerent ha ha
X box is great. Feel free to add me sometime if you wanna play. XBL: DaintyWheat

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why don't you just sell them on craigslist or ebay? Somebody will pay for them, I'm sure they are better than the 5.3 heads.
Oh, Beer fixes boredom.:cheers
All GEN III heads have the same size valves. I bought the heads off of a friend who got them off of another guy who said he hydrolocked his motor put the rod through the side of the block and got a new one. I don't know the condition of the heads as of yet until I get them magnafluxed and checked out before I continue with my plans for them. The status of the valves is unknown to me so I wouldn't want to pawn them off on someone else. They "should" be fine.

Ohh and about beer, yes I have some cold ones in the fridge. I should join ya, but can't drink before going to work, I work swings. :cheers
i agree you should sell em.. also xbox is great bordom detrerent ha ha
You know I have a PS2, PS3 and a Wii. The PS2 and PS3 just collects dust.:lol:
just had a thought turn them into candle holders! im sure your wife would love it ha ha well probably not unless she is a gear head ha ha but ill bet you could build em and sell them for a good price
I have my old LS1 camshaft sitting in a box. I was thinking about turining it into a lamp. It would make a good lamp because its gundrilled. If I can find a doner lamp I just need to tap the ends.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I have my old LS1 camshaft sitting in a box. I was thinking about turining it into a lamp. It would make a good lamp because its gundrilled. If I can find a doner lamp I just need to tap the ends.
I'm stealing your idea:cool

I wanted to do a engine coffee table too but I can't find the time to do it. There is always something 'more important?' that has to come first.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could use the cam gear for the base! :cheers
Thanks Rukee thats a good idea. Except two things I can see wrong with that. 1) I reused my timing set 2) I don't think it would be stable enough, well have a wide enough base to keep it from being knocked over easy.:cheers
I'm stealing your idea:cool

I wanted to do a engine coffee table too but I can't find the time to do it. There is always something 'more important?' that has to come first.
I've been wanting to do the engine coffee table for years. I just haven't ran across a block yet. Well lets just say I haven't tried hard enough:lol: I want to do a GENIII or IV block because its AL and weighs about 100lbs, easy to move about. Have you seen the engine cutaways at cars shows that GM has? I wan't to paint it the same color that metalic grey.

·
Registered
336 Posts
thats a great idea for the lamp! also some cams have a sweet place for your hand to grip to make a gear shift nob out of i it think would be cool. one draw back though is that it is heavy. and if you did the lamp it would be way heavy dont let it tip over on the kids ha ha. and jpalmer ill add next time im on my tag is bluegoat05 its the same ha ha:cheers

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
A cam for a shifter would be great for a rat rod.
Yea it would. I"m sure you could get one from an motorcycle that is almost small enought too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts