Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an 04 Yellow A4 with 9k on it. I have always loved yellow cars although never thought of owning one due to mostly the attention factor. I need feedback from yellow goat owners do you find it difficult to upkeep this color and what about theft I always thought this color would attract them. I do not have a garage to put her in although live in a good neigborhood. The dealer has a sale for $23,900 kbb shows $25,945 for this car. Is this a good price car is mint not like the POS I saw earlier. There are couple things I can negotiate on front air dam has a paint chip and right rear wheel has slight curb rash other than that its like new.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Attention Factor: Yes, it is a high visibility color -- but if you're not doing anything stupid -- then there isn't any problem.

Theft Factor: Never heard of certain colors of cars being stolen over others. Yellow is a love it or hate it color -- so you'll probably better off with it than black or silver. Since your car is outside at night -- leave the factory radio stock -- and keep NOTHING in it -- like CDs, etc.

Most of the theft related stuff that happens to cars isn't the actual theft of the car -- it's morons throwing a rock through the window to snag a laptop, cell phone, a CD case, etc.

Price: I'm sure you can haggle that down 1 or 2 grand.

Upkeep: All colors are equally easy to maintain -- because you're maintaining the clearcoat -- not the color. That said, non-metallic cars are easier to repair in case of an accident that metallics -- so you're better off with yellow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Attention Factor: Yes, it is a high visibility color -- but if you're not doing anything stupid -- then there isn't any problem.

Great quote...:agree

As for "maintenance"... Yellow doesn't show road dirt/salt too bad. Much better than a white car, but it doesn't conceal dirt as well as Silver..

I also like the fact that yellow shows the lines and shape of the body, and isn't as common as the black or red GTOs.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a Yellow 05 and haven't had any problems with unwanted attention, and yes, i do drive a little crazy at times, this is the frist bright colored car I have had, so I don't have much to base this on, but I think that you can really see when it gets dirty from driving it around or just sitting in the driveway, but I still would not trade this color for any other, especially since it was limited to the 04-05 models. oh, and the Optima yellow top battery, also makes the engine bay look sweet, it's almost an exact match. :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
ACTUALLY, Yellow is the safest color of vehicle you can drive according to the NHSTA. Not sure if that's because you can see 'em coming, or it's the only color that actually has a PHOBIA named for it, Xanthophobia (which just seems irrational to me...but so does "comfort food"). So far, I haven't had anyone run their car off the road when they've seen me coming, or hide their eyes. This is my FOURTH yellow vehicle (going back to a 1993 Trans Am, which was the first). I don't think I'll ever own anything but yellow. They're much easier to keep clean than most other colors. People notice you more I guess, but isn't that what you want in a car as outright COOL as the GTO??!!?? If I was a thief, there's no way in hell I'd steal a yellow vehicle, it would be too easy to find me.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I picked my yellow m6 due to the attention factor, and ease of maintance. Yellow hides scratches! As for attention-you gotta expect it with a yellow GTO. I,ve had cops walk up to me and ask to pop the hood! I think this color definatly adds a "sporty feel "to the car. AND since there arn't many of them (at least where I live) you'll have something original.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
:agree with everyone above. I have had more people ask about my car and I'm sure it is because it does stand out. I like the fact that people do notice the car. Theft shouldn't be an issue if you live in a safe area like you say you do. I don't see dirt as much on my car as I do other colors. You can also do small things like black lettering, a little black painting here and there to make it one of a kind for little money. If you look at My Goat pictures in the sig block you will see there is probably not another Yellow Goat that looks like mine. Haggle them down and ride with Pride. Good Luck !!!! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my yellow 04 for a year and haven't had any major problems just a few minor ones that were corrected by the dealership. Only problem is getting soot on the rear bumper. I was told that is was condensation in the exhaust system because I don't drive it very often. I only have 1846 miles on it.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
I love my yellow, it does stand out, looks like a hot rod,plus it drives like one too!I would be afraid to keep her outside without a garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.