Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you yellow jacket (or Devil yellow, if you prefer) GTO owners:
Ever notice that small airborne insects are attracted to this color car!? I'll walk out to my car in the morning and it's like Nationalfreakingeographic! 20-30 little flying insects walking around on this thing! WIFE'S car (tan)parked right next to mine:nothing. NOTE: My car STAYS CLEAN!! It's not a cleanleness issue. WTF??:willy: :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a custom painted blazer with flame graphics and the hood/grill front bumper are yellow. The insects love it cannot get them off, especially after the vehicle is cleaned. Crazy stuff, you are not alone.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
No kidding. Happens all the time. Being sort a Buddist when it comes to living things -- I shoe them away before drenching them with a hose or hitting them with a mitt when washing. Even pulled into a parking lot to let some big ass bee that was sitting on the windshield fly off once. The sucker lands right in front of my face at a stop light -- then stays there as I drive off. I get up to 60 -- and it just turns into the wind. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

StangStalker -- any more photos of your car? Like the SAP grilles that are color matched to the rest of the car and would like to get a better look.

And was that photo taken in Epping, NH? NED used to have legendary races when I was a kid -- 64 funny cars, the works! Awesome old school kind of a place...

·
Registered
194 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
StangStalker -- any more photos of your car? Like the SAP grilles that are color matched to the rest of the car and would like to get a better look.

And was that photo taken in Epping, NH? NED used to have legendary races when I was a kid -- 64 funny cars, the works! Awesome old school kind of a place...
Yup that is NED. And the SAP grilles were painted for me by our own Johnebgoode.

I've got pics of my car here: http://community.webshots.com/user/YelloGTO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.