Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me... I have searched... and I can't quite find what I would consider to be exactly what I am experiencing.

When I make a sharp right turn, at an incline (Example: Every single time I turn right into a driveway.... not left!.... just right) I here a distinct thunk or clunk or whatever from the right rear ( I think it's the right but I know it's the rear) of my car.

The dealer claims to not hear it (which is infuriating because it's both loud and consistent) and so I am left with the question of what to do about it.

I would appreciate any insight that anyone might have.

Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sway Bar Link Bushings! They are bad from build, very bad setup. There should be a small joint there but they just put bushings. I first tightend mine caz Dealer cant hear anything ever. I have aftermarket ones on order now hope that helps.:cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So.... you've got the same thing? Same side? Is it potentially a serious issue or is it just the annyance of the noise?

Let me know if the aftermarket product resolves!

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My control links did the same thing. Working on getting a complete setup from Pedders now. Factory front suspensions on these cars leave alot to be desired.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There is no fix for this setup, the bushings rotate every time strut turns. I dont know why they didnt put small joint like on other end and on most cars and vans. May be a performance thing just looks cheap to me. I will post about bushings they were backordred. I ordred drag bags same time and one of thoes leaks :willy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts