Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Yet another new guy :-)

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  04gtolover 
#1 ·
Hi all,

After drooling over GTO's for the past two years I can now say that I am the proud owner of an '05 midnight blue M6 :D. It killed me to trade-in my '01 Mustang Bullitt (the reason it has taken me so long to finally get a GTO), but I think I will get over it a lot sooner than expected. The refinement, fit/finish, and power of the GTO is amazing compared to my Bullitt. I was able to get the GTO at dealer invoice, but it was being driven by a salesman and had 800 miles on it already. I was able to overlook that though because the dealer had already put on tint and installed the auto-x grill, which are two things I wanted to get done so I was able to save some money there. The only other mod I have planned is some 18" wheels, which I should have pretty soon as I placed an order for a set of Monaro VZ 18x8 wheels this evening.

:cheers

#3 ·
AggieGTO said:
Hi all,

After drooling over GTO's for the past two years I can now say that I am the proud owner of an '05 midnight blue M6 :D. It killed me to trade-in my '01 Mustang Bullitt (the reason it has taken me so long to finally get a GTO), but I think I will get over it a lot sooner than expected. The refinement, fit/finish, and power of the GTO is amazing compared to my Bullitt. I was able to get the GTO at dealer invoice, but it was being driven by a salesman and had 800 miles on it already. I was able to overlook that though because the dealer had already put on tint and installed the auto-x grill, which are two things I wanted to get done so I was able to save some money there. The only other mod I have planned is some 18" wheels, which I should have pretty soon as I placed an order for a set of Monaro VZ 18x8 wheels this evening.

Very awesome. You'll, as I'm sure you've probably already figured out, love the goat much more than the mustang.

That's really kind of a good thing that the dealer already had 800 miles on it. As long as the guy wasn't gunning it at every green light and such, you're LS2 should be broken in nicely by now... meaning you can now gun anytime you want without worrying about much other than dropping fuel economy :rolleyes: .

That's really awesome that the auto-x grilles are on it... I think they're the nicest looking mod out of all of the SAP pieces. Anyway, hope you enjoy the goat and enjoy your stay here.

#4 ·
Welcome

Hey aggiegto, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new goat purchase. Let us know about any products or anything that you are interested in. I have some friends that go to A&M, so you are not too far away from us in Fort Worth. Congratulations, and watch out for state troppers!!! :eek:

#5 ·
The Bullitt was a cool concept. I'm sure it wasn't easy to part with it. While the GTO isn't as exclusive as the Bullitt, it is also a rare car. You will find yourself explaining things just like you did with the Bullitt. Stuff like "No there isn't a v6 in it, it's a 6.0 liter V8 with 400 hp" " It's rear wheel drive not front" " The real competition for this car comes from BMW and Mercedes, not Ford and old F-bodies" .

Have fun and it sounds like you got a great deal.

Wow was that one lucky saleperson to get a GTO as a Demo.

#6 ·
fergyflyer said:
The Bullitt was a cool concept. I'm sure it wasn't easy to part with it. While the GTO isn't as exclusive as the Bullitt, it is also a rare car. You will find yourself explaining things just like you did with the Bullitt. Stuff like "No there isn't a v6 in it, it's a 6.0 liter V8 with 400 hp" " It's rear wheel drive not front" " The real competition for this car comes from BMW and Mercedes, not Ford and old F-bodies" .

Have fun and it sounds like you got a great deal.

Wow was that one lucky saleperson to get a GTO as a Demo.
I'm wanting one so bad, hopefully I'll get approved. GTO > Mustang. Although a Bullitt is a little nicer than a GT.

#8 ·
GTPprix said:
You coming to the shift light group buy in houston/DFW? hehe
Haha, I thought about it but I feel like I need to recover from the down payment, Monaro VZ wheels, and upcoming tire purchase (yeah yeah I know...what's ~$100 program after all that!). It may be something I do eventually though :).

#9 ·
AggieGTO said:
Haha, I thought about it but I feel like I need to recover from the down payment, Monaro VZ wheels, and upcoming tire purchase (yeah yeah I know...what's ~$100 program after all that!). It may be something I do eventually though :).
you should come anyway to talk with everyone and checkout all things everyones done im going and im no getting mine done its the 27th at alan young. if you have any ? talk to GTODEALER OR GTODEALER2 have fun with the new gto. :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.