Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i went in Bill Heard chevy today to see if i can win a 2007 Taho(sp). i saw a ibm gto with blue inter. so i told my self to park next to it to give the public a great view of some bad azz muscle. did not notice this (at first it looked like a gto) 1971 dodge charger with carbs and **** sticking out of the hood. i got out and check out the dodge. sale person came up to me and said " nice aint it?" (south here boys) i said hell yes. sales persons sayus" guy just traded it in" i said for what. he pointed to the gto i just parked next to.:eek: its an 05 with 18,000+ on the clock. i asked how much did you give him for it( the trade) they said 20 grand. :willy: thats a 60,000 to 70,000 dollar car. WTF. the owner of the charger was still in the showroom and i just had to talk to him. nice guy and have other project cars at home. he said it really hurts him to see it go ( and i could tell. saw tears) i told him about this forum and maybe we will see him chime in. i tooks some pics. so was it really worth it for him to get rid of this monster for the goat? he said it ran low 10's. thats my red goat in the pic

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Yes and no on the is it worth it to get rid of the Charger. Yes if he needs a reliable everyday car. No if he wants a car that screams look at me.

Sounded like he had some other projects and was getting himself a fun car that is reliable for daily driving. That's smart if he was doing that. Still the Charger is a real nice car, it would be hard to part with it.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
He gave it away. That dealership stole it from him. But, he didn't have to let it go.

He could have done a hell of a lot better than 20 k. Damn, it makes me sick he gave it up for that. I'd a taken it.

Let us know what happens to it. You will see it on ebay for 100k. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Do you know the engine size? If it's 383 or 440, I'ld throw my GTO keys at him and be on my MOPAR way. In a few months, once it sinks in, he'll be kicking himself.

The velocity stacks don’t look right, but that’s an easy fix.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ain't no way I would've traded in that Charger! I luv my Goat and all, but she's not good enough to trade in a vintage ride in that condition/tune for. If it was a matter of NEEDING another ride, then a GTO would not be on the list (she's a WANT, not NEED type car), and I predict he's gonna have a severe case of seller's remorse.

·
Registered
944 Posts
think he said 454.
Hmm, maybe he said 440 then. How the hell do people do this? It must have a really bad exhaust leak because that’s the act of one brain damaged individual. Fine, he wanted to get rid of it, but at a dealership, come on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts