Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading through the forums, i'm noticing a lot of anti-Ford sentiment out there, which is to be expected on a GM forum. Still, i'm worried that everyone here is going to eat a Ford guy like me alive! Is there anyone else here with a Ford?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, all I can say is that if you don't say ONE good thing about Ford, you'll get along with us just fine. The moment you say one thing though about how a Mustang has like 1 more cup holder than the GTO though - you're dead ;)

Basically I'm sure I share the sentiments of most of the guys on the forum here in that we just don't like Ford because of the cockey Mustang drivers that think they're car is the best ever. Personally the only Ford I even remotley respect is the Cobra... it's the only car Ford has with balls. Even then though it only has a 4.6L engine that's Supercharged to make it that fast.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What would you expect, a bunch of closet ford lovers. When you walk into a head with a picture of a guy on the door, would you expect to find women in there?

Then you don't want us to bash you, but you use a mustangII for your avatar, WTF. That thing has to rate right up there with the pinto and a step below a vega.

Myself, I find that this only cause's problems down the line. If you're a ford guy, you should hang out in a ford forum. We're only going to say something you don't like, then the bashing begins, and then the thread gets locked.

Of course, I only base this on what I have seen here lately, and on other forums.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome....but I have no idea why Ford guys love to come on to Goat Forums, GMinsidenews.com and other places like that.

I'd need a barfbag and a head check if I ever started to visit Mustang sites. Ugh...just the thought of it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've own(ed) 4 Fords and 3 of the 4 have been excellent vehicles. The 1st was a POS when I bought it and it went downhill from there so I don't necessarily fault the vehicle. I put over 100K miles on each of the other 3 and they are all still going strong. If Ford had built the GTO I would have bought it from them. I'm not brand fixated like some people. The GTO is only my second GM vehicle out of 14.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Vmax you're lucky then. You know what Ford stands for right? Fix Or Rebuild Daily? Lol Ford's have a reputation for using craptastic quality that breaks down when you really don't want it to.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not a Mustang fan but do own a Lincoln and have owned several over past ten years. Grew up an OLDS man until gm nuetered the brand in teh late 80s by killing the V8 rwd cars. Thats why I jumped shipto the LSC since I have to drive a mid size or larger V8 rwd car and there is no way in hell I would own/drive a camarobird or mustang.
The build/parts quality of the LSC blows away any typical GM car from the last ten years except the Monaro. Anyone that thinks the normal GM product uses quality parts is blind.
I have owned over 40 cars and over 8 different manufacturers and can say the only one I truly ended up hating was a 300z turbo that literally came apart with less than 20,000miles on it.
I laugh at guys that argue they are diehard chevy guys or ford true blue,mopar guys are among the worst,,in fact anyone that closes their mind to only one brand of anything is not very bright in my book. The day a car company PAYS me to drive their car I may be brand loyal but as long as I have to buy my own car I will buy whatever the hell I think gets the job done no matter who makes it. Right now I own an Oldsmobile,2 Chevys, 2 Lincolns and a Holden/Pontiac. I also have a 92 Mustang vert but thats for fixing/reselling so I dont really count it since I never plan to drive it.
Lastly the GTO is really a Holden Monaro so its not only NOT built by Pontiac its actually an IMPORT just dont try telling that to the pontiac freaks or theyll hunt you down. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
My 96 v8 SHO has 301,000 miles (orig engine ; trans and cams) and I consided it a T-Rex when brand New and it never let me down... When I went shopping for a New Car , After many test drives and linear equations the GTO was the best car for the money. The GTO blew me away on the test drive so now I have a GM/Holden that I consider a mad Rapter. The new era of Muscle is back and regardless of Petro cost I respect any well made high HP/Torque V8... The attitudes regarding GM/FORD/Dodge was strong but respectful in the late 60's , the problem today is lack of respect is ahead of enjoyment of muscle and Brand Loyality is King ...
And that Avatar doesn't help... :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I used the Mustang II avatar because I got a complaint about the Quagmire one I had. :lol: I love the new Goat. Brand loyalities are fun but you have to respect a great car no matter what manufacturer it comes from.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wear Hawaiian shirts all the time, I figured it was appropriate, but hey.

·
Registered
59 Posts
RiceEater said:
Vmax you're lucky then. You know what Ford stands for right? Fix Or Rebuild Daily? Lol Ford's have a reputation for using craptastic quality that breaks down when you really don't want it to.

HUH? I thought F O R D ment "Found On Road Dead" Since I've had the goat i see a lot of them on thier backs, wheels up in the air. (but only in my rearview mirror)

·
Registered
96 Posts
DaveGesp said:
HUH? I thought F O R D ment "Found On Road Dead" Since I've had the goat i see a lot of them on thier backs, wheels up in the air. (but only in my rearview mirror)
Yeah, my dad was the first to tell me "Found On Road Dead" was what FORD stood for. My first car was a '87 Ford Tempo and was a worthless pile. I mean it would barely creep up any incline in the road. I became GM loyal when I bought my '98 Grand Am GT after the Tempo, I never had any problems with that car (except for when someone broadsided me). Now, I have my GTO and don't think I will be looking back anytime soon. :D

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I've had several Fords, Among them an 86 Mustang GT,and a91 5.0 LX vert. I think most of the problems come from guys that come on here and say My modified Ford will spank your stock GTO. Stock for stock the only Fords to match or beat the performance of the GTO are the Cobra's from 03 and 04 and the Ford GT.
I'd take a Ranger over a Colorado, but a Dakota over both of those. The Fullsize Hemi Dodge gets the nod again. I'd take a Trailblazer over the Explorer or Durango, Especially the SS model with the LS2. I find myself comfortable with GM products because they have treated me well and they are familiar.
Out of my last 15 vehicles, there are 12 GM's, 2 Fords and 1 Nissan. I had the most problems with my Nissan Sentra SER Spec V, and experienced the worst dealer service from Nissan. My Corvette followed close behind it though. My most reliable were my 02' Z28 and my 97 Ford Ranger.
I think it is harder to find any car that is not well made compared to 15 years ago. I think that anyone that would not consider a vehicle from a manufacturer other than GM, is very closed minded and I would not value their opinion on cars in general.
With that said, Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Camshaft said:
After reading through the forums, i'm noticing a lot of anti-Ford sentiment out there, which is to be expected on a GM forum. Still, i'm worried that everyone here is going to eat a Ford guy like me alive! Is there anyone else here with a Ford?
Objective discussions are always welcome here. As fergyflyer pointed out, goofballs always seem to find their way in here only to spout nonsense.

BTW, I owned a Canary Yellow on black leather 1994 Mustang GT. Loved that car -- even though it was a complete piece of junk. Would have bought another one -- but Ford completely destroyed the styling of it in 1998. As for the new one, I'm not big on the retro thing -- but its sales numbers certainly are impressive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
fergyflyer said:
I've had several Fords, Among them an 86 Mustang GT,and a91 5.0 LX vert. I think most of the problems come from guys that come on here and say My modified Ford will spank your stock GTO. Stock for stock the only Fords to match or beat the performance of the GTO are the Cobra's from 03 and 04 and the Ford GT.
I'd take a Ranger over a Colorado, but a Dakota over both of those. The Fullsize Hemi Dodge gets the nod again. I'd take a Trailblazer over the Explorer or Durango, Especially the SS model with the LS2. I find myself comfortable with GM products because they have treated me well and they are familiar.
Out of my last 15 vehicles, there are 12 GM's, 2 Fords and 1 Nissan. I had the most problems with my Nissan Sentra SER Spec V, and experienced the worst dealer service from Nissan. My Corvette followed close behind it though. My most reliable were my 02' Z28 and my 97 Ford Ranger.
I think it is harder to find any car that is not well made compared to 15 years ago. I think that anyone that would not consider a vehicle from a manufacturer other than GM, is very closed minded and I would not value their opinion on cars in general.
With that said, Welcome to the forum!
Very well said. Saying that I am GM loyal does not mean that I am blinded to what the other manufacturers offer. I have always loved the Cummins engine in Dodge trucks along with their styling and I do not turn my back to Fords either, I just like what GM offers. Too not look at what others offer before puchasing a new/used vehicle would be a mistake that I would not make. Sorry if I was misinterpreted. :cheers

·
Registered
252 Posts
RiceEater said:
Well, all I can say is that if you don't say ONE good thing about Ford, you'll get along with us just fine. The moment you say one thing though about how a Mustang has like 1 more cup holder than the GTO though - you're dead ;)
Wait a minute..... They have one more cup holder than us????? What the......

:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't intend to say that my Mustang is faster, because it isn't. The Cherokee, however, will whip all your asses many times over. In fact, people don't even race me because they're so scared. They just keep looking straight ahead when I rev on 'em like they don't notice. *******!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts