Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I blew my trans. Aamco says it might be a blown speed sensor. You guys know of a good mechanic who can check it out for me. I am trying not to pay out the a$$ for an estimate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
estimates usually arent that expensive, should not be more than a diagnostic hour ($80-100) depending on the area. What kind of problem specifically are you having? I know that a defective speed sensor can do things like make your car start in 3rd or 4th gear, giving the illusion of a smoked trans.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Chicago mechanic

Yes, I know a great mechanic in Chicago. Ralph at Crawford Auto Body on Kedzie is just great. A very nice guy and completely honest. Send me a pm if you want his contact info.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Think I blew my trans. Aamco says it might be a blown speed sensor. You guys know of a good mechanic who can check it out for me. I am trying not to pay out the a$$ for an estimate.
I`m 35 miles north of madison, I can scan your tranny for $35.00 and retrieve codes and do diagnostics.
*edit*
I also sell and install engines and transmissions with up to 30 month warranties including labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts