Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone at my apartment backed into or somehow hit my car last night. I just got back from a trip to the Pontiac place to get a new lock knob thing (it broke last week) and I looked at the front of my car and thought it was dirty. I tried to brush the "dirt" off the headlight and bumper and the bumper flexes in. I then realize this "dirt" is actually scratches and someone elses paint!!! I BECAME INCREDIBLY ANGRY VERY QUICKLY!! I have NEVER been so upset as I was about 20 minutes ago. I litteraly scrambled to find something to throw that wasn't my phone. Anyway, I now need a new bumper and headlight, so I was thinking about an '05 Monaro bumper. I don't want a full Monaro conversion though because I don't want to have to buy everything else. I was wondering if the grille in the monaro bumper could be removed and it look alright.

Like this

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know. I had my truck here for almost two and a half years and no one ever touched it. Of course if someone backed into it, they caught nothing but chrome bumper, so I would have never known. It just irritates me that people have no respect now-a-days. I've tapped someone's car before backing out, and didn't do any damage, but I left a note. Telling them I bumped it, and where I bumped it and if there was anything wrong, gave em my number (never got a call though).
It isn't that hard. Someone could have done that, gotten ALOT of respect from me, and their liability would cover it, no biggy. Their insurance MIGHT have gone up, but not much. BUT NO!! I get stuck with paying out the ass for a new bumper and headlight, or maybe the $1000 deductible (depending on how much that stuff is gonna be).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, Geoff from JHP just returned my email. That is expensive if you don't get in on a GP. It was $1450 for the conversion after shipping. Still isn't TOO bad, and one day I may still do it, but it's gonna be stayin' stock for now. I could probably swing it, but it'd wipe out my go-fast money. And that is MUCH more important.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good 2 go said:
I feel your pain bra. Makes you wanna go out and choke somebody, huh?
:shutme
Yeah, I thought about killing everyone on this side of my apartment complex. But that'd take too long, and plus, whoever it was might have been visiting. I just don't have the resources. :lol:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I feel you too bro, just last week My gf & I were parked ass in first at an in&out in Pinole California, just as I open the door and walk into the parking lot I see two chicks in a ****ty ass volvo, the passenger opens the door with her hand still on the handle and the next thing I hear is a loud BOOOM!!! she gets out like it's nothing not even checking if there was any damage, closes the door and procedes to walk into the fast food joint the funny thing is as I was looking at the chick she rolled her eyes at me, when my gf saw what happened she wanted to go and knock out the chick. But I held her back and told her lets go I opened thee door for her started my Goat got out and mule kicked the volvo's door in and left a Giant dent in it and drove off. The weird thing was I parked near the end of the parking lot where there were no other cars and she had to park next to me. to make things worse I was so :mad: I didnt know I was already going 120 on the I-80 and got pulled over, good thing I'm a EMT and my gf is a Oakland P.D. cadet I got out of the ticket.

Next time I'll let my gf take care of it with her 45
VOLVO :shutme

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I would have had some words with that chick. I couldn't have just driven off. I would have sat there in front of her car until she came back. I'm still searching the parking lot for a white/silver car with a hint of Impulse blue on a bumper, but no luck yet. However there are at least 3 silver cars with scuffs on the bumpers. I HATE COLLEGE KIDS!!! I can't wait until I move out of this damned apartment complex. Tonight my roommates were smokin' pot in my apartment again. They also destroyed my old big screen TV (it was messed up, but I was gonna have it fixed to use just to play games on when I move into my friend's townhouse next year). By destroyed I mean they apparently pushed it off the balcony and then beat it like it stole something. As soon as I see ANY of them, there may very well be a fight. Today was NOT a good day at all. HOLY CRAP I can't wait to move out of here!!!!!

Sorry for the rant... but I am way pissed right now. I can't even sleep.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
slonlo_350 said:
Oh I would have had some words with that chick. I couldn't have just driven off. I would have sat there in front of her car until she came back. I'm still searching the parking lot for a white/silver car with a hint of Impulse blue on a bumper, but no luck yet. However there are at least 3 silver cars with scuffs on the bumpers. I HATE COLLEGE KIDS!!! I can't wait until I move out of this damned apartment complex. Tonight my roommates were smokin' pot in my apartment again. They also destroyed my old big screen TV (it was messed up, but I was gonna have it fixed to use just to play games on when I move into my friend's townhouse next year). By destroyed I mean they apparently pushed it off the balcony and then beat it like it stole something. As soon as I see ANY of them, there may very well be a fight. Today was NOT a good day at all. HOLY CRAP I can't wait to move out of here!!!!!

Sorry for the rant... but I am way pissed right now. I can't even sleep.
Jesus..... wtf?! I'd be knocking some heads when I got home if I were you.... that's blatant b.s.!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry to here about your car.I used to have a Bonneville SSEI ,I had just had it repainted. I parked it at the back of a parking lot,some a hole parks his junk next to me and hits my door. So I returned the favor,Ikicked the sh1t out of his door.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know the feeling!!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I know the feeling. I had my Vette parked in the parking garage at work on the end so I could hang out just a bit and some broad decided to take the corner short. Luckily my old boss happened to see her start at her front door and scrape to her back bumper along my front end. It put some gouges in the bumper. He got her license number and she said she was going to report it. Well, over 2 hours later, she never did. I talked to security and they called her and she admitted to it.

The funny part of this is that she thought that we should discuss the damages to my car after I look at the damage that she did to hers. What a ditz. Bottom line here is that I am thankful that my old boss saw it and told me or it would have cost me the $550 instead of her insurance company. And I work for an insurance company.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.