Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car about three weeks (1600 miles) and did not notice the bubbling paint until I had my car up on the rack while I was installing my CAGS disabler.

On the front bumper, lower grill, upper edge facing the ground I found about a two inch by one inch place where the paint has bubbled up and started to peal. I suspect it is because the paint is so soft and the bumper is plastic which means it did not bond very well. I would have never seen this particular place unless I was looking up from the ground. I already had the dealer look at and he agreed that it was a factory flaw.

The pain in the back side is the dealership does have a body shop! They have to send out all their work. I though all dealerships had their own body shop. Guess not!

Just though you all might want to check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am taking my 05 in this week to have paint fixed. I noticed above the passenger side rear wheel well and the area around and under was starting to bubble, like older cars do when they start to rust from under the paint. I was furious but glad that I caught it now because it is hard to spot unless you are very particular about your car like myself. I would look over your GTO's in all the unoticable places to be sure there are no problems with the paint. Has anyone else had this problem???

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have already had to have the back lower bumper (the silver part) re-painted because it was flaking in a small area where the paint did not stick. Dealer seems to have done a great job. Removed the bumper to paint it and it looks very nice now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.