Pontiac GTO Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1967 400/400
1,033 Posts
I'm amazed at how many of you guys have posts. I don't think I ever even saw one, until I came here. I still don't understand the designations that they used, but the Lemans/ Tempest/ GTO looks just as good, either way.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm amazed at how many of you guys have posts. I don't think I ever even saw one, until I came here. I still don't understand the designations that they used, but the Lemans/ Tempest/ GTO looks just as good, either way.
You know, funny thing is, when I bought my car 14 years ago, i never paid any attention to the fact it was a post car. To this day I cant remeber if My original car was also a post car or not.
That was the 70s . It happens a lot...LOL.

·
Premium Member
1972 Pontiac Lemans GTO
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I had two Goats but this one was the best. Don’t know what I was thinking in 1977 when I let it go in Libertyville Illinois while in the military View attachment 142852 for a family station wagon.I’m going on 73 now and sure miss this car. It’s still registered in Illinois by someone.
I dig the shorts

·
Premium Member
1972 Pontiac Lemans GTO
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You know, funny thing is, when I bought my car 14 years ago, i never paid any attention to the fact it was a post car. To this day I cant remeber if My original car was also a post car or not.
That was the 70s . It happens a lot...LOL.
Damn LA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nothing wrong with that
Some very nice looking cars everyone. Here's my '65 GTO Hardtop. Sadly, still a work in process & even that got put on hold a couple of weeks ago. Had to have surgery on my hand. About ready to get busy again. Originally a 4 barrel, 4-speed car, the engine and trans were long gone when I got her. I'm not looking at it as a restoration project, more of a hot rod build. I found a '72 455 HO engine from a Trans Am & had it built as a solid roller, roller rocker, dual quad beast. I put a TH-400 and a 12 bolt rear with 3:90 posi in it, too. I'm keeping all of the original stuff, just for grins & giggles. And no, I didn't find it in this barn, I put it in the barn after converting it into a shop. LOL
20210520_171457[1].jpg
20210520_171457[1].jpg

The second car is my '62 Grand Prix, 389 tri-power (added), PS/PB/AC/PW car. Pretty nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Show us yours bud
He can't cause he's trolling........
Damn, dude, you are incredibly wrong. You can't just take a part from a totally different car. I went through this myself when I bought a used car off the road. I thought it was perfect to begin with. But after a while, the rose-colored glasses cracked. The car literally started to fall apart. And I bought the wrong parts and invested even more money in this bucket of nuts. I somehow sold it for parts and scrapped it. My next car I decided to buy wisely, I read an article on The Home of Everything Automotive - Car.co.uk and decided to buy a good car loan, and choose a vehicle from an already approved dealer
Note the cheesy link in his post...

Reactions: pontrc
41 - 60 of 81 Posts