Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I was at the dealership last week having some service done on my wife's HHR. They had two of those in the showroom. One was priced at $124480 and the other was more; just a shade under $125K......but when I opened the hood, I could swear that I saw a glow and hears angels singing.....

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I didn't know they were that fast, gotta love a ZR1. I took a tour of the Corvette plant and Museum. They had them lined up in the Museum for delivery to new owners, awesome sight. I drooled all over them, beautiful cars.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
:agree I was there last summer. Just about the most awesome 2 hours I've ever spent. Would've stayed longer but it was closing time and they threw my frothing ass out. I STILL haven't gotten the pics off my camera to the computer yet. Think that will be tonight's project, will post when I do.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Boy you'd hope for $125k it'd be that fast!

I still think I'd prefer a Z06 to the ZR1, but that's cuz I'm an LS7 fanboi. And I'm not that rich... :(

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Boy you'd hope for $125k it'd be that fast!

I still think I'd prefer a Z06 to the ZR1, but that's cuz I'm an LS7 fanboi. And I'm not that rich... :(
So you are Z06 rich... Nice! I'm crate motor LT-1 rich, as long as it's off ebay, and already blowed up.. And I can pick it up local! :cheers

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ZR1 is the jack of all trades the master of none. A car that can do that in the 1320, could go 7:20's around the N-ring and still DD it.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
So you are Z06 rich... Nice! I'm crate motor LT-1 rich, as long as it's off ebay, and already blowed up.. And I can pick it up local! :cheers
Honestly, I don't think I have the spare cash for a Briggs crate motor for my 22" push mower... :eek::lol:

could go 7:20's around the N-ring and still DD it.
The Ring takes some cohones. There's more than a handfull of turns on that course that come up after hill crests (or while going over), making it incredibly dangerous for someone unfamiliar with it. I think I'd like to try it some day... in a Caterham maybe.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
The ZR1 is the jack of all trades the master of none. A car that can do that in the 1320, could go 7:20's around the N-ring and still DD it.
Isn't that really the master of all??
I lived 45 mins from Nurburgring while stationed at Bitburg. Went there for a bike weekend one time. They opened it up on non-race weekends and let you run around it for $20. I didn't do it, wish I would of now. Spa Belgium was 30mins north, loved it there..

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't that really the master of all??
I lived 45 mins from Nurburgring while stationed at Bitburg. Went there for a bike weekend one time. They opened it up on non-race weekends and let you run around it for $20. I didn't do it, wish I would of now. Spa Belgium was 30mins north, loved it there..
I would think so, but some purist would dissagree with me because some car out there would have a leg up on it for some reason.

I'm trying to get stationed in Europe before I retire, that I one of my goals. Thanks for serving.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I would think so, but some purist would dissagree with me because some car out there would have a leg up on it for some reason.
I'm trying to get stationed in Europe before I retire, that I one of my goals. Thanks for serving.
It always seemed like west coast guys go to Asia, east coast go to Europe. There is always a better car, but for the price point the ZR1 is incredible. The Z06 keeps up with most Lambo's and Ferrarri's at 1/10th of the price-more or less. Trash talking about the car is just bench racing, who cares, we can't afford either car.. :cheers

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It always seemed like west coast guys go to Asia, east coast go to Europe. There is always a better car, but for the price point the ZR1 is incredible. The Z06 keeps up with most Lambo's and Ferrarri's at 1/10th of the price-more or less. Trash talking about the car is just bench racing, who cares, we can't afford either car.. :cheers
:agree

1 - 13 of 13 Posts