Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran the guy twice from a roll.

First time he was out ahead and I figured he'd let me catch him and then we'd run. He had something different in mind. When I got close to his back bumper he nailed it. From the start at 60 to 90 he opened 3 cars due to the jump start. I gained slowly from 100-120, maybe closed a car length, before we shut it down.

Second run I was ahead and tried to let him pull alongside me. He nailed it, So I did too. He started about 2 cars back and dropped to about 5 cars back by the time I let off at 130.

We chatted a bit. He had just gotten the car. It was silver with red. It was all stock with an A4.

I had taken the Diablosport Predator tune out of my car, so I was just CAI and catback.

·
Registered
377 Posts
How come you took the tune out? Would a dyno tune make much of a difference with the LS1?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How come you took the tune out? Would a dyno tune make much of a difference with the LS1?
Now that I have the C5 Z06 I'm going to sel it, I'm pretty sure. I'm going to return it to stock except for the exhaust and sell the intake, tuner and DR's.

Then sell the car.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Now that I have the C5 Z06 I'm going to sel it, I'm pretty sure. I'm going to return it to stock except for the exhaust and sell the intake, tuner and DR's.

Then sell the car.
I'd say keep it, but in reality, we all know $$$ is the decision-breaker. Offer those aftermarket parts with the car for a couple extra bucks. I bet you can lose everything and come away pretty satisfied.:cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd say keep it, but in reality, we all know $$$ is the decision-breaker. Offer those aftermarket parts with the car for a couple extra bucks. I bet you can lose everything and come away pretty satisfied.:cheers
I am more than half tempted to keep it. KBB says around $7000, my guess is that it will be $6500. Not very much money for a great running car. I just don't need it. It would probably just sit. When I wanted a commuter I'd drive the Hyundai. When I want a fun car I'll drive the Z06. It might turn into a trip car, but is it worth it to keep it for 2 trips a year??? I'm thinking no.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I am more than half tempted to keep it. KBB says around $7000, my guess is that it will be $6500. Not very much money for a great running car. I just don't need it. It would probably just sit. When I wanted a commuter I'd drive the Hyundai. When I want a fun car I'll drive the Z06. It might turn into a trip car, but is it worth it to keep it for 2 trips a year??? I'm thinking no.
Yeah, that's the only thing I use my Grand Am for in summer, other than trips to the grocery/hardware store. Otherwise, I get "GTO?" from my son (most especially my son) and the wife, and I always cave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts