Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered my '06 Blk/red/M6 with 18s in March and asked the dealer for as late of a delivery as possible... preferrably in Sept (didn't have all the $$ yet and the goal was to save and pay cash!!). And then, the GM Finance Gods brought these rumors of a 72-month 0% promo to fruition.

Since the ordered GTO didn't even have a VIN yet, I was out of luck to participate since there's no way it would arrive in time. BUT, as luck was on my side today, an identicle car is on it's way to Texas in 18 days and already allocated for my dealer. I went in, got the details, and with a few strokes of a pen, have literally zero $$ down and all rolled into an interest free note.

As long as there's a VIN, they can do it even without the vehicle actually yet on the lot. Why fork over all that cash when I don't have to???

Amazing.:party:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats Dude, Your gonna love it. Welcome to the club. :party:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd been looking at GTO's since year one, and have been excited as all hell. I was going to wait until November and try to steal one, but then the exact model I wanted (IBM/Black/MT6/18") showed up at a dealership 100 miles away.

I'm paying $31,000, getting 0% 72 months, and getting $1000 more than my trade in's worth, and I didn't even have to play hardball. I get my $1200 in GM card discount on top of that. Its on its way to the dealer, but I'm signing the papers Saturday.

My only question is about this being my everyday driver and living in Nebraska. Should I be keeping my Alero? should I be getting a second set of wheels with snow tires?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats! I am kinda bummed I bought when I did as I couldn't take advantage of the 0%. But after doing some calculations, I came out alright by paying only $29,000 for the GTO and them giving me retail on my trade.:cheers

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LaPuzza said:
My only question is about this being my everyday driver and living in Nebraska. Should I be keeping my Alero? should I be getting a second set of wheels with snow tires?
Personal choice, but for me, it'll be a second car. I'm still keeping my '95 T-Bird as the daily. For one thing, it's worth a lot more to me than the $1500 or so I'd get on a retail sale. PLus, I have the advantage of getting the GTO insured as a second vehicle which keeps costs down considerably.:cool

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, are you guys able to get below invoice and 0%? I have located an M6 Impulse Blue on blue car that I am interested in. I'm not trading anything in, so I'm hoping to get it for around $31,000 (MSRP is $33180). Any thoughts?

BTW, this is my first post on this board. If I get a GTO, it will be new daily driver, replacing my '98 Eddie Bauer Explorer that I bought new 8 years ago. My weekend car is an '03 Spiral Gray Metallic C5 (437 rwhp).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RobWilson said:
So, are you guys able to get below invoice and 0%? I have located an M6 Impulse Blue on blue car that I am interested in. I'm not trading anything in, so I'm hoping to get it for around $31,000 (MSRP is $33180). Any thoughts?

BTW, this is my first post on this board. If I get a GTO, it will be new daily driver, replacing my '98 Eddie Bauer Explorer that I bought new 8 years ago. My weekend car is an '03 Spiral Gray Metallic C5 (437 rwhp).
I get GMS pricing since I worked for a subsidiary, but I can tell you at 31k you're really close.

·
Registered
415 Posts
LaPuzza said:
I'd been looking at GTO's since year one, and have been excited as all hell. I was going to wait until November and try to steal one, but then the exact model I wanted (IBM/Black/MT6/18") showed up at a dealership 100 miles away.

I just have to get this first post out of the way. I GET MINE TOMORROW(or today that is, Saturday already?)! Black with red/M6/18s...The worst part of the deal is that a "GM certified driver" will put 120 miles on the car as part of a dealer swap. All in all, I'm not complaining, I'm getting exactly the one I wanted (hard to find the black with Red Interior around here) for 0% at $32K. The best part of the deal is putting an end to my 2 years of pain and suffering (and drooling) while eagerly researching everything I could about the car. I first test drove one in June of 2005, having just arrived back in the states from Spain. I decided to put a roof over my family's home first before buying a 2005 GTO (I had to think about that one hard)!
When I found out (from this forum) about the end of the run and then later the 0% financing...Well, there was no other option. Six dealers and three more 'test drives' (haha) later, and here I am. I decided to go ahead and register with the site I've been shadowing
for so long. It feels really good now and I know it will feel better tomorrow with my new Goat in the garage (move over Town and Country - there's a new sheriff in town). I keep telling myself this is not a mid-life crisis...just catching up on an era I missed (Born in 1966). Closest thing I ever had was a 78 Pontiac 6.6 T/A and I still miss that car! Thanks to all the good folks with good info on this forum and look forward to many future posts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats great! I just went into GM to look today and figured it be sometime during the 0% special that I would get a GTO and ended up walking out with one! It is an awesome car youll love it. I got a blk/blk m6 with 17s, they didnt have any manuals with 18s in stock :/ but, Ill just switch the rims when I need new tires. Have Fun!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks WoogieBoogie...I was up early this morning waiting on a phone call...It's 10:30 and still waiting...I feel like a kid at Christmas. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get it home. Congrats to you as well...It's a good feeling isn't it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Bigfat74 said:
GMS pricing on a 33180.00 That is 6M/18's is 30,373.85. I sold my SRT-4 for one of these...I'm not going to be happy unitl its supercharged.

David
That was part of my dilemna, I was offerred a Spice red with black int for about 30,300 with the 0% financing. The problem was the car wasn't on the lot yet (only had the invoice) and besides that I just had to have the red interior. So a dealer swap and 1700 dollars more got me exactly what I wanted. Hope I don't
regret not taking the better deal, but I should be driving a Blk w/red int 6M/18's
today!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got mine last Saturday. I now have about 200 miles on her. I like that car more and more each time I get in it. The best seat's of any car I have ever had. Congrat's to all of you...........:party:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.