Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
That window in the hood is very cheesy. What the heck were they thinkin'????Impressive when they punched it on the dyno..

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
The window would'nt be so bad if the motor would be centered. I wonder which auto tranny they are running and why..........

I love that style vette though and it looks like it performs.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Isn't the ZR1 engine capable of better numbers than that? If I recall correttly, they had a package back then for the 71 Vette that they also referred to as the ZR1 package.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
The automatic could be soaking up a lot of that. And it's only running around 11 psi of boost. I'm sure you could turn up the wick a lil on boost and be around 600 rwhp.

Yeah, 71 had a ZR1 and a ZR2 option I believe it was a motor and suspension package, one had a BB and one had a SB.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the auto is sucking up some power. They increased the boost by one pound. Depends on the dyno and if the had the converter locked or unlocked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Boo on the color, boo on the stupid hood window and boo on the automatic....I hate chevy for making such a bada$$ car but giving it that stupid hood window only to see ANOTHER engine cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts